Top 5 Chaitra Navratri Vrat Recipes 2021
By Maharaja Whiteline on 19 April, 2021
Chaitra Navratri, also known as Vasant Navratri, has already begun. And it is important for us to satiate our cravings with the best vrat recipes to try at our homes.
This festival is dedicated to Maa Durga. And the 9 days vrat aims to grab the 9 qualities from the Goddess Durga, also known as Navdurga. Such as knowledge, devotion, fame, health, humanity, peace, power, happiness, and name.
This is an auspicious festival for the Hindu’s at large. And marks the beginning of the Hindu year in unique ways.
Today, let us find out the top 5 recipes that you can try for this period.
So, now that you know, how to make your fasting hours special and delicious, what are you waiting for? Try them out soon!
Wishing you and your family a healthy and prosperous Chaitra Navratri 2021.
The Rajgira Roti or Paratha is a gluten-free choice to make when it is your vrat. This flatbread is a healthy choice to make.
- Boil 2 small or medium-sized potatoes. The consistency should be mashable.
- When potatoes turn slightly cool, peel the skin off. Then mash it.
- In a bowl take amaranth flour.
- Now, add the flour into the bowl with mashed potatoes.
- Now add crushed chilli paste, rock salt, cumin powder, ginger paste, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix them well.
- Add 1 or 2 tsp of water and knead the dough.
- Allow the dough to be at room temperature.
- Now, make small or medium balls out of the dough.
- Roll the balls into parathas.
- Gently lift the spatula and fry the paratha on a nonstick fry pan.
- Add ghee on both sides and keep flipping to fry both sides.
- Fry it till it is golden in colour.
- Serve it with curd.
This Uttapam recipe can be tried for any religious fasting concerned. A unique tasty dish worth trying.
- Make a thick consistency batter with cumin seeds, vrat k chawal ka atta, rock salt, water, and coriander leaves.
- Heat your nonstick tawa and spread the oil. After which, pour the batter.
- The batter won’t spread. So, aim to make small Uttapams.
- Top tomatoes and green chillies on the Uttapam immediately once you pour the batter.
- Sprinkle oil on sides and top.
- When the base is cooked well, flip the Uttapam.
- Tomatoes will turn slightly brown.
- Flip again and let it cook well on both sides.
- Serve the Uttapam with coconut chutney or phalahari chutney.
Vrat ki Kadhi
Kadhi is the best dish that goes along well with any type of meal which you prefer on vrat occasions. This easy to make Kadhi is a must-try recipe for sure.
- Take 1 cup of curd and whisk it with the help of a hand blender.
- Then add 3 tsp of Rajgira atta or buckwheat flour or amaranth flour.
- Mix and whisk again by adding ½ cup of water.
- No lumps should be left out.
- Now, place a pan on the gas cooktop and heat it.
- Add 2 tsp ghee or peanut oil as preferred.
- Add ½ tsp cumin seeds and sauté.
- Once they change colour and becomes fragrant add ginger and green chilli paste.
- Stir well and sauté it.
- Add curd mixture after simmer.
- Season it with rock salt.
- Add sugar if preferred.
- Stir well and keep it on simmer. Keep stirring occasionally.
- The Kadhi will become thick.
- Now garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with Rajgiri roti, pulao, kuttu ke parathas, and so on.
Roasted Makhana is the best snack to have during vrat occasions. This healthy homemade recipe can be crunchy to munch on.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add the makhana into it. Roast it for good 10-12 mins.
- Keep it on low flame, till it turns crispy.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add spicy powders and salt.
- Avoid chaat masala.
- Don’t burn the spices. Off the flames.
- Stir the whole mixture well.
- Now sprinkle chaat masala on top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The Arbi Patties is the best dish to try this Chaitra Navratri. This lightweight dish is worth your time and energy.
- Boil arbi (Colocasia roots) in a pressure cooker.
- Peel all of them.
- Now add singhare ka atta, green chilli, ½ ginger, 1 tsp of ajwain, rock salt, in it.
- Mash all the ingredients well with the arbi.
- The mixture becomes sticky.
- Now, shape the tikkis by using oil in your hands.
- Shape it into round shapes.
- And fry them in the oil till it becomes golden in colour.
- Serve arbi tikki with sweet chutney or green chutney.
Now, that you have read so far, let us head towards a BONUS vrat special drink recipe.
Banana Dry Fruits Lassi
This is one of the healthy drinks to try this Chaitra Navratri vrat. Have a glass of this lassi and keep yourself full of energy throughout your day. This lassi is mixed and grinded with the goodness of ingredients like banana, honey, walnut, yoghurt, and milk. Once you mix it well, garnish it with the dry fruits. And enjoy!