INDULGE WITH THE FESTIVITIES
By Maharaja Whiteline on 21 September, 2018
With the ongoing holy month of Ramadaan, the festival fervor is all around. Seeking the spiritual blessings from God, people consume Suhoor (a meal before sun dawn), then fast all day long and indulge in the goodness of delectable dishes only after the sunset which is also known as Iftar.
An array of appetizing dishes is prepared to break the fast at Iftar. Around the globe, Muslims celebrate Iftar hours with joy and fun, throughout the month of Ramadaan. Food becomes an intrinsic part of these celebrations and here are some appetizing recipes that promise to elevate your meal time fun.
Aromatic minced meat kebabs barbequed or grilled to taste
- 800 gms pound lamb
- 200 gms cottage cheese
- 2-3 tsp gram flour
- 2 finely chopped onions
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ¾ tsp paprika/cayenne pepper
- 1/3tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp all spice powder
- 1/3tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the pound lamb, cheese, onions, garlic, coriander, raisins and the spices. Mix it to form dough. Sparingly add gram flour (a spoon at a time) to help bind the dough.
- Once the dough is formed, take small portions and roll them into circles Flatten these circles using your palm. Press the kebabs around the skewers.
- In the meanwhile, pre-heat the barbeque or outdoor grill to a temperature of 280 degrees Celsius. Once heated, place the skewers on the grill until they are charred and golden brown in color. Garnish with mint chutney or mayonnaise.
TIP (You can chop the onions in a food processor for best and even results. Our Fortune wet grinder can also works best for this.
EGGPLANT & YOGURT SALAD
A tantalizing appetizer with a balmy yogurt dressing
- 1 Medium sized Eggplant
- 1 ½ cup yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water in a pan and add eggplant cubes. Heat and stir until the mix looks like a roughly mashed puree.
- Beat the yogurt until creamy and smooth (Our Hand blender can be used to blend the yogurt)
- Add it to the eggplant. To this mix add onions, half of cilantro, salt and pepper. Refrigerate and serve.
To add more flavor to the salad you can smoke it using a piece of charcoal.
Heat the charcoal piece until red and gray. Place a piece of aluminum foil on the salad bowl; keep the heated charcoal on it. Pour 1-2 tsp oil on the coal and cover it immediately. Take the cover off after 4-5 minutes and serve.
Healthy little energy bombs
- 1 ½ cup shredded dates
- ½ cup chopped (unsalted)pistachios
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbsp blossom water
- In a non stick pan, heat the pistachios until they turn light brown. Remove and mix with the dates.
- Grind this mixture using a grinder. Add honey and blossom water to the mix.
- Using your hands take small portions of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Once done, coat these balls in shredded coconut.
- Serve with rose petals.